Friday, July 6, 2012

My almost good day

I was feeling skinny yesterday. I don't really know why. I have weighed the same since about 2 weeks after June was born. I have been told not to expect to lose the rest of my pregnancy weight, about 10 pounds, until we are done with breastfeeding, which will (hopefully) be very soon. June will be one next week. I feel like we have done our best, but it's time to move on. Breastfeeding is hard, and I'm tired of it. June may disagree though, so we'll see what happens.

Back to yesterday. I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings for well over a year. I try to put them on almost every day, and I am happy to announce that yesterday I was finally able to squeeze them onto my chubby finger. I thought to myself, "if my rings fit now, what else fits?" So I tried on my favorite skirt. Guess what? It fit too! It was not quite as flattering as it once was, but it zipped up.

And then I ate lunch. The skirt had to come back off. Then my hands got a little swollen, and the rings had to come off too. So, I can fit back into some of my old things on an empty stomach. It's still progress, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment