Tuesday, September 4, 2012

30 Days of Eating In: Week Five



We made it! 30 days without any take out. It wasn't too bad, but I'm looking forward to some BBQ wings tomorrow night. My husband has been talking about them every day since I started this project.  

I managed to stay right under my budget of $400 for the month, which included stocking up on some staple items.  I did miss going out for lunch on Saturday afternoons. It's nice to sit at the table as a family every night, but I like getting out of the house sometimes too. I'm curious to see what our food costs will be next month, even though I think take-out is going to be more of a treat for us from now on. I'd like to still keep our budget at $400 while including food I didn't have to cook at home. 

Day 29 
Breakfast: Peaches and cereal
Lunch: Hot dogs, yogurt, string cheese
Dinner: Leftover Shepherd's pie

Day 30

Breakfast: Peaches and yogurt
Lunch: Leftover Shepherd's pie

In case you missed my post about challenging myself to not eat out for a month, you can read it here.
Week one is here
Week two is here.
Week three is here.
Week four is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment